What goes in to having an official stationery drawer? What does one need to be stocked up and ready to write?
The key to keeping up with paper correspondence is being prepared. At a very minimum, keeping a few blank greeting cards and stationery sets on hand will ensure that you have what you need when you need it.
Just as an artist need paints and a carpenter needs their tools, a letter writer needs their supplies. The biggest consideration when stocking your stationery drawer is how often you write.
If you’re just getting started and hop to put a birthday card or thank you note in the mail occasionally, you can get by with the essentials. However, if you plan on never missing a birthday, always expressing your gratitude, and mastering the art of the just because note, you’re going to want to stock up.
Either way, remember to replenish your stationery stash regularly.
Here are the stationery must-haves we recommend if you’re only looking to stock the essentials:
- 1 box of note cards
- 3 blank greeting cards with simple, universal designs on the front
- 1 sheet of postage stamps
- 1 writing utensil of your choice
The stationery snob
If you’re a stationery snob after our own hearts, here are the supplies we recommend you stock up on:
- 1 box of general note cards
- 1 set of personalized stationery with your name or monogram printed on it
- A collection of greeting cards that you’ve collected over time
- 2 sheets of postage stamps with different designs (to match your mood or the occasion)
- Several of your favorite writing utensils so you’re never searching for the right one
- An address book
Need help stocking your stationery drawer? Tap right here and we’ll get all your stationery dreams sorted.