Notes on friendship
Friendships are bonds that will always hold a special place in our hearts. So, it goes without saying that letters acknowledging and celebrating said friendship will too.
While technology has made it much easier to stay in touch with texts and social media, there is no substitute for the experience of sifting through a stash of paper euphoria and striking gold.
Sure, it’s simply good manners to send thank yous and greeting cards to friends. But it’s the out of the blue, I am so lucky to know you notes that will be forever cherished.
Whether it’s an ecard you send online, a note bought from a small business (like our note cards), or a homemade card that oozes thoughtfulness, don’t miss out on reaching out to your pals!
Not sure what to say? We’ve got you, friend.
For long distance
If you have a friend who lives at least a few hours away or one that you might not talk to as often as you’d like, these are for you. Sending a card to remind your friend of how special they are in your life regardless of distance—physical or otherwise—is the perfect way to show you care.
- Hey Bestie — Just a note to say I love you and will always be here for you. No matter the distance.
- Distance shmistance! You’re my best friend near or far. Can’t wait to see you again!
- Ew, distance! I’m so proud of all the big things you’re doing. Can’t wait until [date/time] when we can hang out again!
- I know it’s been a while, but I just wanted to remind you how much I love you and how important your friendship is to me.
Our friends do a lot for us. They constantly go above and beyond without any expectations of a thank you. But that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t’ send one. Seize the opportunity to thank a friend for something they have done for you, big or small.
- Thank you so much for your gracious hospitality during my quick visit to [location]. I’m grateful for our friendship, love our deep conversations, and cherish all the quality time we spend together.
- Just wanted to say thank you for dropping everything and coming over last week. It really meant a lot to have a friend that would do that for me. I’m so grateful for you.
- Thank you for buying lunch last week! I had a fantastic time catching up and can’t wait to hang out again.
- Thank you for everything you do. I know if there’s ever a time that I need you, you’ll always respond. I don’t know what I would do without your friendship.
For celebrations, big and small
As we go through life, we hit milestones. We have birthdays, we move, we get new jobs… the possibilities to celebrate are endless. Show your bestie you’re their biggest cheerleader with a well-timed note to say congratulations.
- Happy birthday! The world became a better place the day that you entered it. Oh, incredible friend, today we all celebrate YOU!
- Happy Birthday, beautiful! For your birthday how about dinner? Me, you, takeout from our favorite place, and a Zoom date. Just let me know when you’re free. Love and miss you!
- You moved! Sad you’re more than a short drive away, but so very happy for you. Let me know when you’re ready for visitors!
- Congratulations on the new job! I see how hard you work and know how much you’ve wanted this. So proud of you, friend. Let’s celebrate you soon!
Bottomline, International Day of Friendship (July 30)—or really any day—is a good day to let a friend know you’ve been thinking about them, missing them, that you’re grateful for them, or want to celebrate who they are.
Making someone who means so much to you feel good is never a bad idea. Happy writing!
P.S. Need stationery to help you send a note or two? We’ve got the right set of note cards for every occasion right here and would love to be a part of helping you reach out.
Leave a comment