Everyone loves and adores their friends, but we all falsely assume that our friends know how much we care. Or that we’re always thinking about them.
You know why you love your friends so much, but sometimes finding the right words to let them know just how special they are is hard to do.
Which is why we’re here—to help you put your appreciation into love-filled words they’ll keep for years to come. Just in time for Send a Card to a Friend Day (February 7).
A small gesture that we may not think will make any difference could make our friend’s day. All it takes is a cute little note with a nice personal message in it to put a smile on their face.
Whether it’s an ecard you send online, a note bought from a small business (like our note cards), or a homemade card that oozes thoughtfulness, don’t miss out on celebrating your friendships on this special day!
Not sure what to say? We’ve got you, friend.
For long distance
If you have a friend who lives at least a few hours away or one that you might not talk to as often as you’d like, these are for you. Sending a card to remind your friend of how special they are in your life regardless of distance—physical or otherwise—is the perfect way to show you care.
- Hey Bestie — Just a note to say I love you and will always be here for you. No matter the distance.
- Distance shmistance! You’re my best friend near or far. Can’t wait to see you again!
- Ew, distance! I’m so proud of all the big things you’re doing. Can’t wait until [date/time] when we can hang out again!
- I know it’s been a while, but I just wanted to remind you how much I love you and how important your friendship is to me.
Our friends do a lot for us. They constantly go above and beyond without any expectations of a thank you. But that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t send one. Seize the opportunity to thank a friend for something they have done for you, big or small.
- Thank you so much for your gracious hospitality during my quick visit to [location]. I’m grateful for our friendship, love our deep conversations, and cherish all the quality time we spend together.
- Just wanted to say thank you for dropping everything and coming over last week. It really meant a lot to have a friend that would do that for me. I’m so grateful for you.
- Thank you for buying lunch last week! I had a fantastic time catching up and can’t wait to hang out again.
- Thank you for everything you do. I know if there’s ever a time that I need you, you’ll always respond. I don’t know what I would do without your friendship.
For celebrations, big and small
As we go through life, we hit milestones. We have birthdays, we move, we get new jobs… the possibilities to celebrate are endless. Show your bestie you’re their biggest cheerleader with a well-timed note to say congratulations.
- Happy birthday! The world became a better place the day that you entered it. Oh, incredible friend, today we all celebrate YOU!
- Happy Birthday, beautiful! For your birthday how about dinner? Me, you, takeout from our favorite place, and a Zoom date. Just let me know when you’re free. Love and miss you!
- You moved! Sad you’re more than a short drive away, but so very happy for you. Let me know when you’re ready for visitors!
- Congratulations on the new job! I see how hard you work and know how much you’ve wanted this. So proud of you, friend. Let’s celebrate you soon!
Bottomline, National Send a Card—or really any day—is a good day to let a friend know you’ve been thinking about them, missing them, that you’re grateful for them, or want to celebrate who they are.
Making someone who means so much to you feel good is never a bad idea. Happy writing!
Need stationery to help you send a note or two? We’ve got the right set of note cards for every occasion right here and would love to be a part of helping you reach out.