The idea of writing a love letter might be intimidating, but no one is expecting you to write a Nicholas Sparks novel in their Valentine’s Day card. The truth of the matter is letters of love can take many forms.
Whether it’s a letterpress note inscribed with “I love you,” a sonnet scribbled on a scrap of paper, or an affectionate drawing stuck on the fridge, these are the notes the recipient will hold dear.
No fancy calligraphy or expensive gift required.
When it comes to notes of affection, the key to connection is vulnerability. While you may be hesitant to put your feelings on paper, when you do, they become the most meaningful of keepsakes for the ones you love.
This year don’t overthink it. We’re here to help you find the right words to shower your people with love.
What to write
Here are 14 sweet sentiments to use solo or as a starter in your next love letter.
- I love you.
- I’m so grateful for you.
- You’ve changed the way I look at _____.
- I will always remember the time when ____.
- When I think about our life together, _____.
- I’m so lucky to have you in my life.
- I adore you.
- Lucky me, I love every minute we spend together.
- I know it’s only been a few [minutes/hours/days/etc.] _____.
- Today I love you more than I did yesterday and less than I will tomorrow.
- All I do is dream about you the whole day through.
- Thank you for always making me laugh.
- You make everything more beautiful.
- I’m beyond grateful for all the beauty you bring to my life.
Whether you pour your heart out onto a full page or celebrate your special someone in a single sentence, they’ll be absolutely smitten that you did.
Both the moment they receive your love note and for years to come.
Need a set (or two) of cute stationery to help you spread the love? Tap here.